Re: [tlug] No sound in Flash... help not helping [SOLVED]

Scott, Stuart, Darren,

Thanks for replying.

Testing out the suggestions offered led to a solution.

I downloaded the standalone player as Darren suggested, but it reported no errors (or did much of anything at all, actually).

As Scott suggested, I checked to make sure I have alsa-oss installed, and I do.

Then I opened up Audacity as Stuart suggested, and tried to select the sound device. However, Audacity didn't show any sound devices available at all.

So this last test indicated maybe the problem is more general to the sound settings than just to Flash.

After a little digging around, I came across this web page:

The third post down on the page where the OP solves his own issue led to the solution for me. Basically a complete purge and reinstall of the sound devices, plus the deletion of some configuration files.

I'm now listening to Flash content via Youtube, so life is good again.

Thanks to everyone for all their helpful advice.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft