Re: [tlug] Crontab not executing

On 3/25/07, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
TLUG,

I have a shell script that I want to run once daily at 12 PM (noon)
every day. The shell script is of my own creation, and it works when I
execute it from the command line.

However, it's not successfully being executed by cron.

Here is what I put into my crontab file:

0 12 * * * sh /home/dave/myShellScript.sh

Have I messed up my syntax or something?

Something you should check:

1. crond is running ( ps -ef | grep cron )
2. delete "sh", it is reduntant.
3. make sure "head -n 1/home/dave/myShellScript.sh" is "#!/bin/sh"

2., 3. is equivelent to Robbins' solution: replace "sh" with its full
path "/bin/sh"

HTH

--
Best Regards,