Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 01:34:37PM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> > And, to add insult to injury, I now have this extra icon in my Gnome
> > Panel (it looks like a grey keyboard), and this more annoying floating
> > menu for SCIM hanging around on my desktop.
> > How do I get this damned SCIM interface to go away?
>
> I don't know how to lose the grey keyboard icon, but if you right-click
> it you can access the scim setup. I also see a hide toolbar option in
> that drop-down menu. (But I have it unchecked, and only see it when I
> switch into a non-English input mode.)
>
> BTW, in my environment I have:
>  XMODIFIERS=@example.com
>  GTK_IM_MODULE=scim

> I don't know if open office is using either or both of those? (Or even
> if the differing case is important?!)

To use scim, that XMODIFIERS line is definitely necessary.  The GTK_IM
should only be necessary for GTK apps like firefox.

I believe the case is important.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: You know, you could have brought that up to us
before we did it.
Giles: I did! I said there could be dire consequences.
Buffy: Yes, but you say that about chewing too fast.