Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

Godwin Stewart wrote:
> > If I had to do that every time I wanted to use Japanese in a program,
> > I would not use Linux or recommend its use to anyone else.
>
> If you want a "Japanese always" system then you don't have to do all
> that. I don't, which is why I use that script to modify my environment
> only when I *do* want to use Japanese input.
>
> Besides, prefixing a command with the word "jap" is hardly
> rocket-science.

Neither is it rocket science to set up a system to support multiple language
input at all times, in all applications, by default. What prefix do you use
when you want to use Japanese, Chinese and Thai in the same document?

It's not as though having SCIM waiting in the background imposes some kind of
intolerable load on the system.

--
Wataru Tenga