Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 09:17:55AM +0900, Birkir A. Barkarson wrote:
> >Scott, when you say KDDI, do you mean au cellphones? If so, it must be an
> >older model, because the newer ones have no problem with Unicode messages. He
> >should be able to read iso-2022-jp in any case.
>
> How new are we talking about?  I got mine last summer and it doesn't have a
> clue about Unicode.

I'm not sure.  The fellow for whom I'm asking merely said that the phone
was his senpai's, and that for whatever reason, various members of their
group would blame Linux for not being compatible with everyone else's
things.

So, I'm not sure how old the phone is.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: Just because you're better than us doesn't mean you
can be all superior.