Re: [tlug] Pre-installed linux?

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:13:04 +0900, <burlingk@??> wrote:

> How good are celerons and durons for running linux?  If you are not
> using the machine for video games, how effective are the "low end"
> processors?

Pretty good.

I've been using a PIV-based Celeron running at 2.93GHz since Sept. 2005
and have no complaints. There's another machine here that I don't use,
it's a full P-IV at 3.06GHz, and the performance is not *that* much
higher.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@??

For Mac, it's AppleTalk. For Novell, it's IPX. For Windows, it's a
mystery. For the Internet, it's TCP/IP. Linux supports them all.