Re: [tlug] Presentation suggestion for the next meeting...

Shannon Jacobs wrote:
How about a demonstration of creating a small database? Either with
the database component of OpenOffice or with some other Linux-based
tool? Of course I can only speak for myself, but this is another area
where I'm not too happy with my slow progress...

When you say "creating a small database", do you mean solely the database structure and data itself, or are you referring to the application used to retrieve/update/delete/insert meaningful data into said database?

I'm assuming (since you're referring to OO) that you mean more of an application/GUI approach?

As for plain-old SQL manipulation, I don't know if it gets much better than phpMyAdmin (if you're using MySQL).

I've touched the phpMyAdmin for PostgreSQL before (I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head); it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good, either.

Mark