Re: [tlug] Stand Up for OpenOffice!!

Another issue is attempting to format poetry.  It is a nightmare. :P  MS Word wants to treat it as a normal paragraph, and refuses to let you tell it otherwise without messing with each line. ^^;;

Styles is what you may need in this case. You can define your own styles to achieve what I can garner you are looking for.

I know these are not exactly standard case scenerios for a standard word processer (I am sure a propper Desktop Publishing app would do better), but it would be nice if there were an easy way to tell the program not to worry about my formatting, that I the operator know what I am doing.

I would agree DTP tools may be more appropriate for what you are trying to achieve. However, by learning more about Word or Writer you may be surprised at you what you can achieve formatting wise.

In the end I suspect most of us are not aware of what OO and Office
really can do.

Regards, Keith