[tlug] Japanese TV in Ireland, partition tables and goodbye

Since I'm not in Tokyo any more and returning to real life leaves me
with no time to follow the goings on in TLUG, it's time to say
goodbye. Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

For anyone wanting to watch NHK in Dublin, I can stream TV at about
150kb/s (100 for video 50 for audio) with reasonable results. I'm
still just using cat and mencoder, nothing user friendly. For anything
worth watching at good quality, I record it, compress it and ship it
later. Some scanty details are here

http://wargle.blogspot.com/2007/01/watching-japanese-tv-in-dublin.html

If anyone was curious how I finally managed to recover my partition
table after doing

mkfs.vfat /dev/sda # yes the whole disk!

http://wargle.blogspot.com/2007/01/useful-things-when-youve-wiped-you_30.html

has the details.

Thanks again,