Re: [tlug] upgraded to 2.6.19.1, stuff won't install

Botond,

Thanks for replying.

Generally speaking, the stuff I'm trying to install is with "./confugure" and "make". That means I'm compiling from source, right?

Post commands and their output.

Okay, well, right off the bat, here's my first issue.

dave@example.com:~$ uname -r
2.6.19.1
dave@example.com:~$ sudo apt-get install linux-source-2.6.19 linux-headers-`uname -r`
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package linux-source-2.6.19

I didn't really expect the Ubuntu repository to have source and headers for 2.6.19. Edgy is currently supporting 2.6.17. But I thought I would show the output just so I'm clear.

Again, I just don't remember having this problem last time I upgraded my kernel.

In any case, I guess the first step is that I need those headers and source for proper compiling of things.

Any idea where I get them?

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft
Kernel 2.6.17.7 (but currently playing with 2.6.19.1)
Pentium D Dual Core Processor
PHP 5, MySQL 5, Apache 2