[tlug] Import export for IME user dictionaries (was: ATOK for Linux)

My personal concerns about Japanese IMEs (for which I have yet to find a viable solution) have always been about being able to assimilate large kanji/kana tables into the user dictionaries.

The user dictionary for SCIM-Anthy is editable with Kasumi, but the data is apparently saved as a binary file that is not accessible other than through Kasumi. I just tried Prime, and AFAICT, it does not seem to have a separate user dictionary at all.

I have a user dictionary that I and some colleagues built up in Windows that has about 50,000 special terms for classical Chinese and Buddhism, and of course Windows JPIME comes with a pretty nice import/export applet, so I have this available as a text file. I would guess that ATOK has something like this (though I have not yet been motivated to spend the money for it), but does anyone know of an import/export method for any of the SCIM-related systems? Not having this available for me in Linux is a major drawback.

Regards,

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University