[tlug] ATOK for Linux

Has anyone installed ATOK for Linux (Just Systems) on openSUSE 10.2?

I sent an inquiry to Just Systems asking whether it was possible, and got a
canned response that was specific to "Novell SUSE Linux 10.0." I don't think
the ability to install on SUSE 10.0 guarantees it will work on openSUSE 10.2.

Since it's commercial software with no trial, I can't try it out without
paying for something that may not work.

I'm getting along OK with SCIM Anthy, but it is not as good an IME as, say,
the one in Windows XP. Are there any other good options besides ATOK? What do
you heavy Japanese users prefer?
--
Wataru Tenga, Tokyo