Re: [tlug] About "Tlug Girls" and Technical meeting.

Ivan Stout wrote:

> The most recent installfest by Tlug I could find was the "February 97
> SparcLinux installfest." Perhaps after 10 years another one is due?

Not likely.

Installfests were useful. Their time has passed. This is a sign
of the _success_ of Linux. Back then, Linux was difficult enough
to install that installfests were helpful. Now Linux is often
easier to install then Windows. Now, the user who needs help
installing, has narrowly focused issues best addressed on a
one-by-one ad hoc basis, on the list or in person at a meeting.

> Though I am sure there are significant numbers of TlugGirls quietly
> lurking on this list at this very moment, I believe another good way
> to broaden the ranks of the monthly meetings is to periodically hold
> installfests.

What are you saying about your expectations of "TlugGirls"?