Re: [tlug] Good XML Parser

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:42:40 +0100
"David Stibbe" <dstibbe@example.com> wrote:

> Recently I have been able to work on my dictionary application again
> and finished an xml parser for  JMDict, using Xerces C++
> (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/). I chose that API particularly for
> it's SAX abilities.
>
> However, the parser is extremely slow when parsing JMDict completely,
> is this because of SAX,  the size of JMDict (35 MB) or something else
> (the machine I tested it on is a 1.6 GHz machine) ?

I don't think the problem here is SAX. If you put a sleep() into all
callbacks, sure the program will be slow. Is it because of the
architecture of SAX? Not really.
Nobody will be able to answer your question. You should to profile your
code. If it really turns out that xerces is at fault then you will
probably need to ditch java as well and do it in C.