Re: [tlug] Email address munging in the TLUG archives

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Edward Middleton wrote:

I totally agree, If you really want to put your details an an easily
accessible location put it on your wiki page and link to it in your footer.

Ah, now *there's* a good reason to put your e-mail address in your .sig.

For what it's worth (not that it's relevant to this discussion), I
prefer keeping the e-mail address in as machine-readable a format as
possible, since my address has been all over the place for more than a
decade now, anyway; I deal with the spam, and prefer to have real people
able to contact me as easily as possible.

Trust me, wait a while and nobody will be able to send spam to your
address anyway. I've never received any spam to ihnp4!alberta!jrs.

BTW, in more recent news, the Internet broke. ftp.dec.com appears not to
be running an FTP server any more....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            <cjs@example.com>             +81 90 7737 2974
  by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw