[tlug] RE: Email address munging in the TLUG archives

> Message: 17
> Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:55:00 +0900
> From: "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
> Subject: [tlug] Email address munging in the TLUG archives
> To: "Tokyo Linux Users Group" <tlug@example.com>
<snip>
> 1. The last two digits of the email address in the message
> data (i.e. both headers and body) are replaced with question
> marks, e.g. your address becomes: Jim <jep200404@example.com>
>
> We basically need to decide if we want people to be able to
> decipher email addresses or not. If so, I like your idea or a
> Javascript text hack. If not, I think we should simply
> replace everything in the address after the @ sign, e.g. your
> address becomes: Jim <jep200404@example.com>
>
> -Josh

Another option would be to obscure the email address all together, and
link to a webform to let you email the user.  It could be backed up with
a simple perl script, and if the person they email wants them to have
their email address, they simply respond to the email.

As for compatability, even Lynx supports basic web forms. :)