Re: [tlug] Fwd: Tux Droid : coders needed!

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:51:45 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> Let's be reasonable here.

Okay.

> Is it really spam when it is something you might be interested in?

What about the tens of CV's I receive each week from people in
Bangalore and Mumbai thinking I'm interested in their Linux developing
skills?

What about all those people forwarding chain letters to be because
they've just discovered a new Linux-friendly product (that happens to
be about 10 years old anyway)?

A proposal like this Tux Droid thing is nothing but yet another of the
150-200 or so messages sent to me every week simply because my e-mail
address is associated with Linux. That's not counting the crap sent to
the owner address of various Yahpoo! groups I moderate/own.

This is nothing but spam. I didn't elect to receive it, so it's
unsolicited. It's definitely bulk and it's even commercial in nature
sometimes. It's also e-mail. It's therefore UBE and/or UCE, which is a
pretty good definition of spam.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The most difficult years of marriage are those following the wedding.