Re: [tlug] Syntax highlighting for XML Schema (XSD) files in XEmacs

Josh Glover wrote:

> I wonder why there is no demand for this sort of thing?

I think there is--and I would love to see XEmacs further develop its
XML functions. But most people I know who do serious textual work in XML
are using a combination of <oXygen/> and TEI-Emacs. Unfortunately,
TEI-Emacs only works with GNU Emacs, but you want to might want to
download it and look at the code. Of course nxml, psgml, xslt-process,
etc, are included in this package.

The main TEI-Emacs developers and hackers are pretty much Debian (Ubuntu,
Knoppix) based people. So if you are using a Debian and have GNU Emacs
installed on your system, you can add the Oxford Debian sources and just
apt-get install tei-emacs (as well as tei-oxygen, etc.).

There is also a TEI mailing list (TEI-L) where you can no doubt get a lot
of help. I have developed, and continue to maintain my online dictionaries
with these tools, and get a lot of help and information on TEI-L.

See

http://www.tei-c.org/ (main page)

http://www.tei-c.org/Software/

Charles Muller