Re: [tlug] A Japanese/Unicode-savvy zip utility?

> Is there a zip utility for Linux that does not have this problem with
files and directories that have Japanese names?

It's because zip, lha and these archives tend to use the default encoding of the platform (which for a japanese windows system would be MS-932). If found that RAR archives do not have these problem (probably uses utf8 for internal filenames) but I have yet to come across a zip utility which would allow you to set the encoding of the archive. Would love to find one as I often have this same problem.

BAB