Re: [tlug] antispam tricks

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:05:43 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Botond Botyanszki writes:
>
>  > BTW, does anyone use the exim + sa-exim + spamd combo here? My problem is
>  > that sa-exim lets spam through if spamd times out.
>
> That's no bug, that's a feature.  Anyway, it's the way spamassassin is
> designed, as are all filters---if they choke, the mail goes through.
> Believe me, it's not worth trying to guarantee safety for save-to-disk
> while you're crashing anyway!

What I want is a temporary reject on SA timeout. I was googling for this
problem and read somewhere that exim will do this after 5 min, but it
doesn't happen.
Most of the time SA times out is on a spam (either because it chokes in
an endless loop or some other query times out). Legitimate senders will
retry, most spammers won't (as in greylisting), so I consider this
'feature' as a bug.