Re: [tlug] antispam tricks

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:11:28 -0800 (PST)
Gerald Naughton <naughton123@example.com> wrote:

> But for emails from Countries that I know that I won`t
> get from , I use
> http://www.blackholes.us/zones/countries/
I have been using this for a while but had to disable it because of the
frequent dns query timeouts on their server made my spamd timeout.

BTW, does anyone use the exim + sa-exim + spamd combo here? My problem is
that sa-exim lets spam through if spamd times out.

> The only problem with an automatic way is that
> you could blacklist IPs that you shouldn`t
> It happened to me yesterday ;->
> C`est la vie !!
Instead of blacklisting, I used a scoring method. If a mail from those
countries came in, spamd gave some more scores.

--
boti