Re: [tlug] Firefox font configuration

Josh Glover writes:

 > I don't know off the top of my head--I assume you Googled?

"ui fonts too small firefox" gave me a lot of information about CSS,
and advice to IE users to switch to Firefox. ;-)

However, later it occurred to me that "UI" is a buzzword, so of course
I get "Fonts for Artsy Web Designers and Other Dummies" level hits.
"menu fonts too small firefox" got me the advice to put "Xft.dpi: 108"
in my .Xresources, and (bumping that to 144 and xrdb < ~/.Xresources)
we have sanity.

Next I need to figure out why that isn't autodetected by Xft and/or
the X server.

 > Help You Help Yourself(TM):
 >
 > 1. Open a Firefox window
 > 2. Tools -> DOM Inspector

You've got to be kidding.  Much of what's in there makes no sense
unless you already know what it means, and the structure is so large
that

 > Of course, another method--which works a bit better in your case--is
 > to put a reasonable guess into the "about:config" page's filter. I
 > tried "font", and noticed a few like:
 >
 > font.min-size.fixed.ja
 >
 > Maybe try diddling them?

Diddle?  I'd like to diddle a few Mozilla developers right through the
skull, that's what I'd like to diddle.  But anyway:  Bzzt.  I've
already diddled those, that's why presentation of web content is OK.