Re: [tlug] Firefox font configuration

On æ, 2006-11-15 at 16:35 +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
> I don't know off the top of my head--I assume you Googled?--but I can
> Help You Help Yourself(TM):
>
> 1. Open a Firefox window
> 2. Tools -> DOM Inspector
> 3. In the DOM Inspector window, File -> Inspect a Window -> <your main
> browser window>

Well, this is potentially very enlightening. I always wondered what DOM
inspection was. I hope no one minds me taking this off in a slightly
different direction.

The accounting software (sql-ledger) I use for our small business has a
web front end that uses shortcut keys for frequently-used functions:
e.g., alt-u for ``Update''. It seems that since Firefox 2.0, these
shortcut keys don't work anymore. I thought I could find a clue using
the DOM inspector, but I'm swamped by the amount of information (and my
ignorance). If anyone would like to play with it (and report back to me
any gleanings?), there is a demo site at

http://www.sfdaccounting.com/sql-ledger/login.pl?action=login&login=demo

Click on POS -> Sale in the left frame, and a page will come up with an
Update button. A large, frosty mug of Chicago's delicious Goose Island
Honker's Ale to the one who figures out (and comes to get it) why Alt-U
has no effect on this page in Firefox 2.0.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- s-luppescu <AT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  ccsr.uchicago.edu