Re: [tlug] Detect firewire drive

> # unplug Firewire device
> sudo modprobe -r ieee1394
> sudo modprobe ieee1394
> # plug in Firewire device

Removing ieee1394 says sbp2 is using it....

>> I had a similar problem. I did a lot of poking around the web and came up
>> with a w/around from somewhere that suggested unloading the sbp2 driver.

...so I removed sbp2 first, then ieee1394.

>> I did that with my 1394 device unplugged, and when I plugged it back in
>> the driver was automatically reloaded (I have hotplug running) and the
>> device was properly detected.

Still nothing. Depending on the order I try things in I either get
nothing in the log or the same messages as before:
 ieee1394.agent[29302]: ... no drivers for IEEE1394 product 0x/0x/0x
 kernel: ieee1394: Error parsing configrom for node 0-00:1023

The first is when I modprobe ieee1394, the 2nd is when I switch on the
drive.

How do I tell if I have hotplug running? ps aux doesn't list anything by
that name. No /etc/init.d or lsmod entry either.

Darren

P.S. If I try "hotplug ieee1394" I get "Bad IEEE1394 agent invocation"
and this in the log:
  hal.hotplug[29415]: DEVPATH is not set (subsystem ieee1394)

and if I try "hotplug scsi" I get no error but the same thing in the log:
 hal.hotplug[29406]: DEVPATH is not set (subsystem scsi)