Re: [tlug] Internet Providers

Yeah, I doubt that Yahoo! BB provides address ranges, but I think you
can buy a static IP from them. Can any other Yahoo! BB subscriber
confirm this?

Last time I checked they didn't provide static addresses. It was something they had planned to offer but I do not know if they have implemented it yet.

I use no-ip.com and they offer a daemon which updates their DNS when the dynamic IP is changed. The daemon source code is readily available and I think it's even in some packaging systems (confirmed in gentoo's portage).

BAB