Re: [tlug] Internet Providers

burlingk@example.com wrote:
> How hard is it to find an internet provider that provides static IP
> addresses, and allows their customers to point a domain name to their IP
> address?

I was using OCN (NTT) service a few years ago (2000-2003). Don't know
what they offer today, but at that time I had 3 bits IP address space,
and they even allowed me to do the reverse lookup (for normal DNS
lookup, obviously, your provider is not involved).

That was expensive at that time (30,000 / month) - I had some motivation
to "manage" everything myself ;-)

My answer is surely worthless for you, as it was long ago, but I just
wanted to show that you can get a full IP range with a provider, Yahoo
isprobably not one of these ones.

Have fun in your search,

Bruno.

--