Re: [tlug] Internet Providers

> How hard is it to find an internet provider that provides static IP
> addresses, and allows their customers to point a domain name to their IP
> address?

I'm using Biglobe, with Flets ADSL and a dedicated line (I think it is
called Type 2 ADSL). The NTT side is 5,268 yen a month. The Biglobe side
is 5,775 yen a month. This is 1.5M ADSL.

I've had this setup for about five years and so far all notable outages
except two have been problems on my side. One was the ADSL modem dying
(it was rental so NTT replaced it for free.). The other was Biglobe
changed the login server name and only told me via my biglobe email
address which at the time I'd forgotten about and wasn't checking (I've
since set it to redirect to my main email address)!

I don't think there are any service restrictions. I used to run fairly
much everything on it, but moved my main web site, email and DNS to
shared hosting in the U.S. as I didn't want the stress of hosting
anything critical.

Darren