Re: [tlug] Novel embraces Microsoft

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:17:47 +0900, Keith Bawden <isdj@example.com>
wrote:

> But isn't working around IE's limitations 70% of a web developers job
> anyway. So working around the png issue is likely to make working
> around IE's brokenness about 70.4 % of your job :-)

Some things can't be worked around (see below)

> As for the png work around I use something like this and it seems to
> work for all of our sites visitors:
>
> * html div#main-logo {
> background: transparent;
> filter: {snip}

"transparent" isn't a valid value for the background in CSS and it
breaks the W3C validation.

A work-around is only valid if it doesn't break the validity of your
code in the process.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The average nutritional value of promises is roughly zero.