Re: [tlug] FC5 Sucks: firewire drive/videos

>> Q3: Which distributions work well for multimedia, out of the box? I.e.
>> you can play just about any media format you find on the web, without
>> having to recompile things or tweak obscure configuration files, or hunt
>> for codecs.
>
> Gentoo. Debian. Not Ubuntu.

Perhaps I have some preconceptions here that are wrong, but I thought
everything has to be recompiled on gentoo, and debian doesn't include
anything proprietary?

I see distrowatch lists poor multimedia support as a con for Fedora, so
maybe whatever I switch to will be better.

Darren

P.S. Anyway else noticed Thunderbird suggests "debian" is a mis-spelling
of "lesbians"? Is this Mozilla's revenge for Debian renaming its
browser? So childish. :-)