Re: [tlug] Novel embraces Microsoft

On 7 nov. 06, at 17:50, stephen@example.com wrote:

No, the more important question is, how many of them emulate a patented,
proprietary protocol to do their job?

Exactly. Subject to the caveat above.

It may have been mentioned before but there were remarks by Stallman (I think) about the fact that GPLed products could not be distributed with conditions other than those defined by the GPL. Which means in the Novell/MS case that if Novell decides to provide "extra protection" for GPL products it may loose the right to simply distribute Linux etc... Or did I get something wrong ?

Jean-Christophe Helary