Re: [tlug] iPod nano and Linux

On 05/11/06, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

Right to avoid Sony!  I (stupidly) bought a Sony "MP3" player that has
the very worst proprietary software known to humankind - just really
really horrible!  (Hey!  Sony!  Give me my money back!!)

I agree with you guys in general, but Sony makes great headphones, especially in the bang-for-the-buck department. I would never buy a Sony media player, but I will continue to buy their headphones, speakers, and receivers when they present the best value.

I also agree with Godwin's boycott of Sony over the rootkit incident.
However, that was one branch of the company, and I don't feel that
buying audio gear from them is really supporting their Sony / BMG
wing.

But then again, I am a famous pragmatist... [1] :)

-Josh

[1] http://www.jmglov.net/opensource/manifesto.html