Re: [tlug] Looking for advice on the best way to rebuild a gentoo box

On æ, 2006-11-01 at 17:02 +0900, Zev Blut wrote:
> Recently I have had a number of blocking updates and other annoying
> masking issues with my Gentoo box when attempting to update various
> parts of the system or world.  Most recently being the whole
> java-config-1 and java-config-2 stuff,

Zev, if you really want to rebuild your whole system, then go ahead;
knock yourself out. Personally, I would rather be dragged behind the
back of a pickup truck over several miles of unimproved Texas roads,
but.... However, if you just want to solve your java upgrade problems,
you can try the Gentoo Java Upgrade Howto:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-upgrade.xml

It worked for me, but it may not be true for others. (I'm trying to
avoid using that awful, cliched ``ymmv''.)
--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- s-luppescu <AT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  ccsr.uchicago.edu