Re: [tlug] freeze on AMD64 Dual Opteron server

Evan Monroig writes:

 > A little off-topic, but how do you know if it is dual-core or not?

Said so on the chip before I stuffed in the socket and hid it with the
fan. :-)

uname will tell you so; it reads it from the chip's banner.  But to
really know what Linux thinks, you grovel through dmesg output for
CPUs and which buses they're attached to.  (NetBSD's output is
probably even more educational.)

 > > Tyan 2895 mobo nVidia (yes, I know, but the Tyan *screams* otherwise)
 > > chipset, 1Gbit dual networking.
 >
 > What driver does it use?

forcedeth.c: Reverse Engineered nForce ethernet driver. Version 0.56.
forcedeth: using HIGHDMA
eth0: forcedeth.c: subsystem: 010f1:2895 bound to 0000:00:0a.0
forcedeth: using HIGHDMA
eth1: forcedeth.c: subsystem: 010f1:2895 bound to 0000:80:0a.0

Note the "reverse engineered".  That's why I suspect the occasional
"works for me" bug.