Re: [tlug] Can I make a subdirectory of localhost behave like a root directory for a site?

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 01:59:40PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> What I'd like to be able to do is make it so that on my local machine,
> when accessing each web site's directory, the server behaves as if the
> web site's own directory is it's root directory. Then I can test at home
> and upload to my hosting service without having relative links break on me.
>
> Is this possible in any way?

Virtual hosting is more elegant, more flexible, and more powerful, but
the approach I use is a shell script that symlinks my doc root and cgi
directories to wherever the current working project is located.

Run the shell script with the project name as a parameter and apache
serves up docs from the project direcories.

Less stuff to mess with, methinks.....

Ed