Re: [tlug] making make?

On 14/10/06, scott <scott@example.com> wrote:

I've just installed the linux distro of Checkpoint firewall on a Dell
server, but it didn't recognize the Intel quad ethernet cards. The
kernel is 2.4.9-42cpsmp, and lsmod shows e1000.5.2.16 so it was able to
detect the onboard gigabit ethernet. However when I tried to compile the
driver that came with the quad cards, there was no make, also no
rpmbuild command. Quick question- how does one go about making make?
Maybe from rpm?

Having a C compiler on a firewall box is A Very Bad Thing(TM)[1], so I
am sure that even if you can get make installed, you won't have gcc.

Cheers,
Josh

[1] root exploit waiting to happen, since you can craft a buffer
overflow attack right into some code.