Re: [tlug] Help with Gnome vte?

n 10/11/06, Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> wrote:
Last year, when changing up to Fedora Core 4 from my olde RedHat 7.3
systems, I tried out Gnome Terminal as an alternative to kterm.

One problem I had was that the left-button-click cut for Japanese
text grabbed too many characters. This aspect of kterm is very good
and after using it for 14 years, I wanted the same in replacements.

<snip>

I can't test that the latest Gnome Terminal actually works as I'd like
with Japanese text, as my FDC version is too old for the later versions.
I am a way off going to FDC 5.

Can someone who has gnome-terminal 2.11 or later try it out with
Japanese text?

I suppose that you mean selecting words by double-clicking?

I opened gnome-terminal (2.14.2) on ubuntu/dapper, and entered some
japanese, so the terminal looks like this:

evan@example.com:~ $ これは日本語です。

when I double-click on 日本語, it selects everything from "~" (included)
to the end of the line.  So it doesn't work as expected.

(If I do the same with english words, only one word is selected at a
time, which is the expected behavior).

Evan