Re: [tlug] system clock jump

Jim <jep200404@example.com>, 2006-10-03 14:26 -0400:

> Charles Muller wrote:
>
> > When I start Etch, the system clock keeps jumping 13 hours ahead.
>
> That's the time difference between Japanese time and Eastern US summer time.
> Sounds like time zone issues.

But the fact that running /sbin/hwclock produces "select() to
/dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out" would seem to indicate
that there's a problem with interaction between the system and the
hardware clock.

As far as time-zone settings, in my case at least, /etc/timezone
has Asia/Tokyo. But I see that /etc/default/rcS has UTC=no. I
guess I ought to change that to UTC=yes.

  --Mike