Re: [tlug] Making sure people get the message

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 22:32:36 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> So, does anyone have any idea of any scripts, tricks, or anything so
> that I can feel reasonably sure that my email won't be stopped by
> overly enthusiastic anti-spam measures?

Analysis of the mail's content is not the only measure employed by spam
filters. Another is comparing the IP address from which it originates
against a DNSBL (or a list of DNSBLs) in order to gauge the
"reputation" of the mail's source. So, what IP is your mass mailing
coming from? That up to 30% of your recipients are not getting your
messages suggests that there's more to it than the fact the messages
are Bcc'ed to them. Bear in mind that quite a few networks have an
extremely limited trust of the whole of Asia, for example, and
therefore that something coming from Asia is more likely to be binned
than an identical message from a "cleaner" area of the Internet.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.