[tlug] Getting glxgears to display the number of frames per second

G'day All,

At the meeting the other day I ran glxgears on one of the loan PCs and was a bit let down by the new behaviour. That is the number of frames per second are no longer displayed. That was on a machine with Mepis installed, I have confirmed the same behaviour on Debian Etch and Ubuntu Dapper Drake.

Anyway, for anyone interested here are two ways in which you can get the glxgears to play the way it used to:

glxgears -printfps

or the slightly more classier way

glxgears -iacknowledgethatthistoolisnotabenchmark

Regards, Keith