Re: [tlug] server software for storing photos

Hector Akamine wrote:

> Gallery is very cool,
> but I would like to try something that does not require MySQL+PHP[.]

OK. What about MySQL and PHP are you trying to avoid?

Certainly, I would be concerned about the following Gallery requirement:

   ... PHP safe_mode must be turned off[1]

There seems to be no requirement to use MySQL in particular:

   MySQL 3.x, 4.x or 5.x, PostgreSQL 7.x or 8.x, Oracle 9i or 10g,
   DB2 8.2 (Gallery 1.x does NOT require a database)[1]

[1]http://gallery.menalto.com/requirements