Re: [tlug] New Desktop Computer

> Charles Muller wrote:
> Coincidentally, I'm just now shopping for a new desktop.

me three.
>  DOS Para, which allows us to build different configurations. One thing I wasn't sure about concerned this:
> > As for compatability:  For video, I would go with nVidia.
> DOS Para's machines have options for a few nVidia cards, as well as what they call "on board video"

isn't that then intel (at least for the ones I looked at)?  Didn't intel
open thier driver recently?  At least some??

I saw this at http://intellinuxgraphics.org/

The Intel Open Source Technology Center graphics team is pleased to
announce the immediate availability of free software drivers for the
Intel® 965 Express Chipset family graphics controller.

>  which is the default option for most of their desktop systems. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of option?

I have no experience but I also read xgl or whatever the new 3d graphics
suse is showing off (well others too) can run under the intel on-board
[no link though so double check before relying on me.]

The Prime  Magnate IM has the 965 chipset and an esata connection on
back (for a fast external hard drive).  If I could get sales at dospara
to confirm it supports intel VT so I can get acquainted with XEN, I'd
snap it up.

Shawn