[tlug] Linux/UNIX job opportunities

TLUG-

Good day! My name is Mark Makdad, and I am an IT recruiter in Tokyo (gasp!). I used to be solely IT, but then I sold out and got a job in recruitment. I stay on groups like TLUG to convince myself I'm still connected to my technical roots.

I work at Wall Street Associates (Ginza, as some of you may clearly know), and sadly, due to the restructuring of our office layout, we're no longer able to host TLUG meetings anymore. As a consolation, I should mention that we, too, have to go offsite for our internal meetings. It's that tight.

As a Linux dabbler, I joined this list this summer, and I'm playing yet again with the idea of the dual boot system.

The point of this thread, however, regards my job. I look for positions for people. I look for people for positions. Finding the 50/50 balance between those two is something Zen, and quite possibly doesn't exist; as you may be aware, Tokyo's quite the labor-short market these days.

I will post a few job specs as replies to this email, so if you are happily employed and don't care to see this kind of stuff, please feel free to ignore this thread. If you are interested in any of the positions I post, please reply to me off-list (double-check the To: header before you send your mail).

You may also reach me here:

Mark Makdad
Associate Consultant, IT Consulting Team, Wall Street Associates
(03) 5537-7236
mark.makdad@example.com

Even if you're only passively considering a new opportunity, we'd love to talk; even if you're only seeking advice or career planning, we'd be glad to help in any way we can.

Regards,

Mark