[tlug] some success with xorg-7.1.1

After swapping the G200 Matrox for an old ATI rage 128, I was finally
able to get 1024x768 resolution in Ubuntu.  I played with the monitor
settings  a bit, and found I had good results with using 30-62 and a
Vertical of 50-75.

So, if anyone still cares, here is the working xorg.conf that didn't
need vesa.  I'm not sure why the Matrox isn't working, more googling
indicates some problems with xorg and Matrox drivers, but I'm not, at
this point, prepared to take it any further.

http://www.scottro.net/atixorg.conf

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: What do you feel?
Anya: Upset, afraid of being without you, and a little hungry.
Xander: I meant about the house.
Anya: Oh. Still haunted.