Re: [tlug] Patents gone wrong?

On 25/08/06, Evan Monroig <evan.monroig@example.com> wrote:

I don't really know much about patents, but I have the feeling that
something is really wrong with the system as it is now (and not only in
the US, which is the focus here).

Yes, the patent system in the US is very broken, at least as it
relates to software. I personally consider software patents a Bad
Thing.

Steve, as an economist, is there an argument for software patents
being necessary? Is it just the current implementation that is broken,
or the design, or the whole idea of software patents?

-Josh