Re: [tlug] Hosting site suggestions

Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

>> I use Spry, and I have been extremely happy with them:
>> http://www.spry.com
>>
>> I use the cpanel200 plan:
>> http://www.spry.com/cpanel-vps/
>>
>> They have a variety of packages, though, from basic Unix-guru command
>> line administration to GUI webhost manager type plans.
>>
>> Worth looking into, I think.

Yes, that looks a reasonable service. I'll add it to the possibles list.

>> Also, I would be willing to donate space from within my plan for your
>> JDIC services. Email me off list if you think I could help out.

I doubt disk space there would be the problem. Swap space might be.

"Narendra Prabhu. B" <narendra.prabhu@example.com> wrote:

>> I am hosting with HCooP[1]. HCoop is a collaborative hosting plan. We
>> are already a quite a sizable number of users. I have been part of this
>> for almost 1.5 years now. Up until now I have faced no problem at all.
>> There is  complete freedom in what kind of setup/packages you want to be
>> installed. Also security is addressed quite well.
>>
>> Everything is pretty well documented. Go through the links[1]. It has
>> quite a lot of information about the hosting and the philosophy.

Looks interesting, and very cheap. It does seem a bit low in both
bandwidth and disk space. With my  Monash WWW pages getting close
to 2M hits a week, I may strain the bandwidth a bit.

Thanks for those

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554