Re: [tlug] Seeking recommendations for file consolidation

Hello,

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:01:06 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

I have a whole bunch of back up CD-ROMs from the last few years. Mostly
from my days as a Windows user.

There are so many of them now, though, that I don't need them all, and I
know most of the files will be duplicates anyway. Not to mention a lot
of junk that simply isn't needed at all anymore.

[Snip]

Can anyone recommend something suitable?

I had a similar problem of attempting to merge various backups.  At
the time I did some web searching and found a program called fslint.

http://www.pixelbeat.org/fslint/

It works pretty well, but it still takes time to decide which file to
delete and such.  Actually, because I have a lot of duplicates I have
yet to finish it.  For now space is cheap so I can deal with
duplication, but I would like to fix it so I can better organize
things.

I really am willing to provide the beer and pizza if Stephen is
willing to take part in realizing his git idea.  Plus, it will give me
a good excuse to learn more about git ;-)

Zev