Re: [tlug] Do I have to rebuild my kernel again? [SOLVED]

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:24:44 +0200, Botond Botyanszki
<tlug@example.com> wrote:

> > The trick is that you have to find out where the '.config' file
> > from your previous kernel has been stashed away.
>
> Just a note: /proc/config.gz can come handy for "make install" geeks
> who didn't care to save the .config.

And for those who copy it meticulously to /boot/config-`uname -r`
(along with /boot/System.map-`uname -r`) you don't even have to do
that :)

Although, I do prefer the belt & braces approach...

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The First Commandment for Technicians:
    Beware the lightening that lurketh in the undischarged
    capacitor, lest it cause thee to bounce upon thy buttocks
    in a most untechnician-like manner.