Re: [tlug] Why are enterprise-level practices relevant to individual users? [was Upgrading the kernel...?]

On 31/07/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

    Josh> Very unlike the model you described for Dave, in which he
    Josh> can upgrade in a fairly worry-free fashion to a newer
    Josh> stepping version of the kernel.

Sure, but I *was* posting to a thread centered on Dave's issues.  In
that thread I don't see the relevance of the actual behavior in
enterprise computing.  Enterprises just worry all the time; it's not
particularly relevant to Dave that they worry about kernel upgrades,
too.

Right, but I did not want people getting the idea that it is always OK
to blissfully upgrade the kernel. I am not saying you are wrong or
anything, just making sure the context for your remarks is explicitly
established.

-Josh