Re: [tlug] Linux Kanji Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software? [SOLVED]

On 7/29/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
Waitasec... the software that my scanner *provides*?!?

Pardon me while I faint at the prospect that there was actually some
useful software bundled with a hardware device.

Yes... it seems you're right. There's a program that's on my Canoscan
install CD called eTypist. Well, what do you know... it's a kanji OCR
program. For Windows, sure, but free.

Yeah - I use that, and it works fairly well.  It's for this type of
thing that I keep an *off-line* Brand-W box.  One of these days I'm
hoping not to need it at all, but for now, it comes in handy from time
to time.

Lyle