[tlug] Linux Kanji Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software?

TLUG,

I'm thinking of plunking the money down for Kanji OCR:
http://kanjikit.net/kocr/index.htm

Currently I'm using the demo version in my VMWare Windows XP within Ubuntu, and it works very well. I'm amazed that this kind of thing can be done at all, so maybe I'm easy to impress.

Anyway, before I commit to this, I thought it worth checking here to see if anyone knew of Linux and/or open source options.

Of course I took a look at Jim Breen's page, and he lists the software I link to above, and one other product that is now defunct. So, I think it would be a fairly safe bet that there aren't any Linux options here.

But you never know. Can't hurt to just double check. Are there any Linux options for kanji OCR?

--
Dave M G